Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DSVC

Well I can't keep up with my blog too well! I have so much to tell ya'll but I've been so busy! Spring break was last week.  I spent most of it with my husband and my kids! I even went fishing with my husband.  Caught 11 bass!! It was pretty exciting!  I usually just like white perch fishing but this was fun. Right before spring break was over I went to DSVC.  It was by far the coolest school thing I have ever been to.  I got to listen to some great presentations by some amazing designers.  I toured the FOSSIL DESIGN STUDIO!!!! It was amazing!! I didn't realize that Fossil did so much! I was tempted to stay in Dallas forever! We toured MasonBaronet, another very impressive design studio, and if I had my choice I would work there.   The entire experience was amazing.  I have never felt more sure about my decision to be a graphic designer.  I know its going to be hard and not very glamorous at times, but its what I want to do.  I don't even want to be a famous designer I just want to be a successful designer.  So I guess my words of wisdom is to know what you want, if you get a chance to go somewhere and see and hear professionals in your field GO!! They will have all kinds of advice for you.  Now its about 15 days until I graduate and I am looking forward to my future.  I have to decide my next step, but whatever it is, I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment